For all those celebrating pride this weekend, we hope you have an amazing time.
In support of LGBTQ equality, Transport for London and London Transport Museum shop have commissioned a special edition t-shirt, canvas bag, cap and pin badge.
The iconic Underground roundel features a rainbow motif – designed for Londoners to wear with pride.
Having taken a career break of almost twenty years to raise my two sons, who will shortly be off to university, I thought it was high time to rethink how I spend my days.
With that in mind, I looked into returning to the industry that I was part of almost 20 years ago-PR. With a background in media technology PR, I wanted to get my skills back up to scratch with an internship.
I was delighted and honoured when Neat PR welcomed me with open arms.
What better way to remind myself of the enjoyment of writing press releases and getting some articles in the media than by working in this lively and efficient retail PR agency.
After surviving from a long sweaty train journey, I am proud of my days and achievement.
The biggest benefit has been to realise my own worth and that I still have something to offer society and also to accept that I have to update my computer skills and knowledge of social media in order to be at my best.
I am very grateful to the devoted and caring team at Neat PR for giving me this great opportunity.
To anyone out there thinking of returning to work, don’t be afraid to dip your toe in. Feeling that I am a valued member of the workplace is amazing.
Hi, I’m Layla and I have come to the end of my week of work experience at Neat PR! Neat was an excellent place to gain experience as I am hoping to pursue a career in a field that involves tech and art and Neat has made me understand the importance of social media.
Everyone was so helpful, positive and motivated! The environment was welcoming and trustworthy. I was made to feel a part of the team and able to join in with whatever was going on.
The team at Neat are a lovely group of people who really care for your needs. Thanks for having me!
We didn’t want a lot for Christmas
There was just one thing we needed
We just cared about the coverage
And whether there was going to be a party
We all went and had a feast
Danced our way to Karaoke
Now we’re showing you
The antics we all got up to…
We are very excited to introduce you to the newest members of the Neat PR team!
Keep reading for some fun facts about Michelle, Emma and Rhiannon…
Drum roll please…
- Before joining Neat PR, Michelle spent 10 years working for the banking industry where she helped communicate the launch of major new payment systems – like mobile banking and contactless
- Michelle also worked as a Senior Communications Manager at NSPCC, helping parents to keep their kids safe online
Some of Michelle’s most memorable PR moments include:
- Watching the BBC update their rolling credits when they received her team’s press release about whether cheques would be discontinued
- Being a broadcast spokesperson for the banking industry on TV, on Sky News and BBC News
- Launching the NSPCC’s Net Aware app, made for parents to better understand what kids do online and how they can help keep them safe
Michelle studied French and International Studies at the University of Birmingham
- Michelle has lived in Paris and Lyon! (Bonjour!)
What Michelle loves about Neat PR:
- The high energy of the team
- The amazing range of clients
- The endless communications opportunities
Michelle’s hobbies include:
- Swimming and relaxing with friends
- Spending time with her three little girls and husband
Michelle’s top tip for working in PR: always be helpful, pleasant and truthful!
- Emma studied History at the University of Nottingham
- She completed a Market Research Internship in Shanghai just before joining Neat PR, where she gained an insight into the China market and different consumer needs in China
Emma’s most memorable experiences in China:
- Climbing and camping on the unrestored section of the Great Wall
- Working in a new and exciting work environment and interacting with new people
Why Emma wants to work in PR:
- She completed a number of different work placements in Marketing and PR where she learnt about the importance of reputation management, social media and sound communication
- She was excited about the opportunity to use the skills that she gained in her degree and transfer them to the PR world, including research, writing and communication skills
- Emma loves being creative and using her wit and imagination to write alerts and press releases
What Emma loves about Neat PR:
- There is nothing quite like the team collaboration – everyone is fun, friendly and helpful
- Working with amazing journalists, influencers and products
- No one day is the same!
Emma’s hobbies include:
- Learning to speak Spanish
- Exploring the world
- Going to the theatre
Emma’s top tip for starting out in PR: gain experience to see if it suits you!
- Rhiannon studied Psychology at the University of Leeds
So why PR?
- She loves learning about people and the way they behave
- She completed an internship in fashion PR before joining Neat PR and loved it! She is now ready to enter the world of retail PR
Some of Rhiannon’s most memorable PR moments include:
- Assisting on a Spring/ Summer shoot and writing copy for items on the website
- Another memorable moment was helping organise a Halloween event which involved many A list celebrities and press
What Rhiannon loves about Neat PR:
- The people and the community
- The team spirit where everyone helps each other
Rhiannon’s hobbies include:
- Playing sports
- Watching football
Rhiannon’s top tip for starting out in PR: be friendly, believe in yourself and don’t give up!
Over the past two weeks, Neat PR has ROCKED the PR world.
One highlight of the week is not enough, so we’ve included two week’s worth of achievements that we are VERY proud of…
First of all, with Christmas on the horizon and National Christmas Jumper Day coming up we’re all scouring the web in search of the perfect attire. Head over to the Mirror Online for a list of The Best Christmas Jumpers of 2018 featuring a stylish Spitfire jumper from Imperial War Museums shop!
Next on the list is an amaaaaazing piece of press – Muddy Puddles’ Scampsuit voted Indy Best!
Another brilliant piece of coverage on the Mail Online – the Tractor Ted bed!
And last but not least, an excellent piece on BBC online about Museum Shop Sunday!
This weekend we headed off to the Kensington Olympia for Stylist Live and it was fabulous with a capital F!
An exciting whirr of beauty, fashion and food, under the light and airy curved glass ceiling of the Olympia, we were wowed and woo’d by neon signs, pink gin and mac ‘n’ cheese.
Exploring this colourful maze of Fashion and Beauty brands showcasing their exciting products from shower bombs to feminist phone cases, our eyes were definitely open wide.
Free make-overs and massages? yes please.
We made our way from stall to stall looking at the gorgeous merchandise these great brands had to offer, then made our way up the stairs to a promenade of delicious treats and a lot of sweet freebies.
Surrounded by fashion aficionado’s and beauty experts, with Stylist’s iconic covers from over the years suspended high above us, we were in a sensory style hub, and it was marvellous!
This week has been a tough but productive one #teamworkmakesthedreamwork
With Remembrance this weekend and Christmas on the horizon, we have kept the little people in our brains running!
This week’s highlight of the week is our newest team member Emma!
With her funky boots that jingle as she walks and her weekly motivational emails that we look forward to every week, she has come in and taken Neat PR by storm!
This week she has been non stop trying to get that coverage for the Association of Cultural Enterprises Museum Shop Sunday.
And all her hard work definitely paid off!
This week at Neat PR HQ has been a busy one.
From a frighteningly fab Halloween party to debating when we can start playing Bublé’s Christmas album (guess we’re going to have to find a ‘Bonfire Night playlist’) 🤣
Our #highlightoftheweek is our PR 🌟STARRRR🌟 Romilia!
Great piece of coverage on Indy Best!!